Mac Pro 2.4 Ghz 12-Core Westmere Desktop computer
Mid-2012 to end of 2013 This is the last Mac Pro tower model that Apple made!
Audio: Perfect for Pro Tools 12, Pro Tools 12HD and HDX!
Video & Graphics: Great for Final Cut Pro X and Creative Cloud
Certified Grade-A pre-owned!
The Mac Pro is the fastest, most powerful Mac ever. Its new Intel Xeon processors increase performance up to 1.5x, and advanced graphics processors deliver high-performance graphics. It can even be configured with up to 12 processor cores. You can add up to 128 GB of memory, four PCI Express expansion cards, and up to 32 TB of hard drive storage. And the Mac Pro includes built-in Wi-Fi and the Magic Mouse.
This Mac Pro is a "configure-to-order" upgrade of model MD771LL/A and is powered by dual, hyper-threaded 3.06 GHz Six-Core Intel Xeon "Westmere" series processors with a Turbo Boost feature that automatically boosts the processor clock speed based on workload. It also features the ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics processor with 1 GB of GDDR5 memory.
It's outfitted with 1 TB of hard drive storage and 12 GB of 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM. The interior provides easy access to all components within the Mac Pro for hassle-free expansion and upgrade capability--up to 128 GB of RAM and four hard drive bays for up to 32 TB of storage under the hood. And while it comes standard with a 18x SuperDrive (compatible with burning DVD±R/RW and CD-R/RW discs), you can also add a second writing SuperDrive.
It also comes with the choice of your Mac OS X operating system.
With the easy-to-access interior of the Mac Pro, all you need to do is simply remove the side panel in order to add hard drives and memory. And adding a new hard drive to take advantage of the 32 TB maximum capacity of the Mac Pro is a cinch--just slide out one of the four direct-attach, cable-free drive bays to add a Serial ATA hard drive or solid-state drive. Lock the drives with the side door latch, and you're done.
Maximize your system memory up to 128 GB from the eight memory slots of this dual-processor Mac Pro model. And just like adding storage, the easy access interior makes it a snap to re-configure your memory--slide out the processor tray, then simply snap new memory into place.
Multiple Video Output Options
The Mac Pro features two Mini DisplayPorts and one dual-link DVI port. The additional Mini DisplayPort output allows you to connect two displays without an additional graphics card or adapter, and the dual-link DVI port supports legacy DVI-based displays up to a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels.
Apple Magic Mouse
You'll be able to cut the cord with the included Magic Mouse, which connects to the Mac Pro using Bluetooth wireless technology. The Magic Mouse features a seamless Multi-Touch surface that enables you to use the same intuitive gestures used on the MacBook trackpad to easily scroll through long documents or swipe to move forward or backward through a collection of web pages or photos. And it can be configured as either a single- or two-button mouse.
- Two 3.06 GHz Six-Core Intel Xeon X5675 "Westmere" processors with 12 MB of fully shared L3 cache per processor, Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.46 GHz, and Hyper-Threading technology for up to 24 virtual cores.
- ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics with 1 GB of GDDR5 memory, PCI Express 2.0, and option to install two ATI Radeon HD 5770 cards (which provides support for up to six displays).
- 1 TB Serial ATA hard drive (3Gb/s; 7200 rpm) with up to 24 TB of internal storage (hard drives or solid-state drives) in bays four 3.5-inch cable-free, direct-attach drive bays.
- 12 GB of 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM (six 1 GB DIMMs) with eight memory slots (four per processor) supporting up to 128 GB of main memory
- 18x SuperDrive with double-layer support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW): 18x DVD±R, 8x DVD±R DL, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 32x CD-R/RW (one open optical drive bay for optional second SuperDrive)
- AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
- Networking: Two independent 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45) interfaces with support for jumbo frames
- Expansion: Three open full-length PCI Express expansion slots (one PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot; two PCI Express 2.0 x4 slots); all slots provide mechanical support for 16-lane cards
- Four FireWire 800 ports (two on front panel, two on back panel)
- Five USB 2.0 ports (two on front panel, three on back panel) plus two additional USB 2.0 ports on included keyboard
- Video output: Two Mini DisplayPort outputs, and one dual-link DVI port
- Audio I/O: Front-panel headphone minijack and internal speaker; optical digital audio input and output TOSLINK ports; analog stereo line-level input and output minijacks
- Dimensions: 8.1 x 20.1 x 18.7 inches (WxHxD)
- Weight: 41.2 pounds
What's in the Box
Mac Pro, power cord. No keyboard or Mouse unless selected as an option.